Monday 30 December 2013

2013

On the 31st of December last year I was at a friends house playing Xbox without any expectations for the year to come. Highschool was a not so distant prospect I didn't want to think about and exams did not even dare to be considered. Fangirl was a term I was unfamiliar with and shipping was transporting something from one place to another.

If you'd asked me who Arctic Monkeys were I would have looked at you funny. Miles Kane was just a name and The Last Shadow Puppets would have sounded like the name of a childrens book.

John Green was a just another auther I thought I would never read and The Perks of being a Wallflower was a book I'd heard of but never thought I'd read.

Sherlock was just a book, Star Trek was for nerds and Matt Smith was still the 11th Doctor.

Mandela was still alive, as well as Lou Reed, Paul Walker and Cory Monteith. The Boston Bombings were about to shock a nation and Malala Yousafzai was still recovering from being shot.

The galaxy S4 was yet to be released, the DSTV explora was unheard of and Proton Beam cancer treatment was still being perfected.

Tumblr was a website for people with no life and was about to crash with Yahoo and Danisnotonfire was some person who obviously had no idea what a space bar was.ju

I only downloaded the Arctic Monkeys song "2013" in November but it really does sum up this year.
Here's to 2013 and may 2014 be as good a year as this one has been.

Live long and prosper internet :)


izzy

2 comments:

  1. Heyy Izzy
    This probably sounds really weird but I love your blog and I saw you at the Epworth social last night (I go to Epworth) but being the shy introvert I am was too scared to say hello. I'm now hugely disappointed in myself that I didn't get to meet you, but it is my own fault.
    Anyway, keep doing what you're doing and being awesome,
    :)
    Love Cath

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG next time I'm at Epworth I have to meet you :0!!!

      Delete