Friday 27 June 2014

What I have been and shall be doing...

It is officially the end of the second term of Grade 9 SHOCK HORROR which means the end of June exams and the beginning of the daunting task of subject choice.

Despite the fact that I had to study, I read some excellent books this term two of which were Time Riders and The Book Thief.

Time Riders - Alex Scarrow
This is possibly one of the best Sci-Fi/time travel/counterfactual history related books I've read and I would definitely read it to those of you that are whovians.

The Book Thief - Markus Zusak
Best. Book. Ever. and Markus Zusak has Tumblr!

I also read Will Grayson Will Grayson and again I cannot compliment John Green enough, and David Levithan is an author I am going to pursue.

My sister and I have been watching Fargo this term and I am in a constant debate about whether I should love or hate Lorne Malvo because yes, he is a serial killer but his character is so *shudders at the colloquialism* awesome! We have just got up to the episode where Lester frames his brother and I don't think he is smart enough to get away with it.

I also bought two more albums which were:

The Smiths - The Smiths
Morrisey. That is all I can say.

and

Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not - Arctic Monkeys
I think Riot Van and Mardy Bum are two of my favourite songs ever. Mardy Bum also caused my dad to consider them as a good band :) (and they said it changes when the sun goes down ;) )

I also bought this EP

and I have come to the conclusion that Despair in the Departure Lounge is the best song on it.

I watched The Fault in our Stars and there are no words to describe it.

I also watched We Bought a Zoo again with my little sister and it is unironically (yes, I realise this is not a word) one of my favourite movies.

This holiday my book list includes Eragon, Artemis Fowl and the Eternity Code, Inkspell and Wolf Brother.

Live Long and Prosper

izzy

(P.S. who can name which episode the above picture is from?)
(P.P.S. *SPOILERS* it's Amok Time - Season 2 Episode 1)

No comments:

Post a Comment